Why Advertising Agencies Should Watch This Episode:
Mark and Joe talk about building awareness for Lendistry and interest among potential loan sources, how they found a very unique and ownable space, the value of key partnerships and leveraging those partnerships to be of greater value to their customer base, and Joe’s perspective on advertising agencies.
In an effort to learn about different needs and challenges across verticals, to help marketers better manage their businesses and build awareness, and to give advertising agencies an inside look into the marketer’s world, RSW/US and RSW/AgencySearch President Mark Sneider has created “The Marketer’s Edge”, a series of interviews with senior level marketers published weekly on this site and on RSW/AgencySearch’s YouTube channel.
Welcome to the fourth episode of The Marketer’s Edge!
Joe Kerwin, Chief Marketing Officer at Lendistry, based out of Los Angeles, California.
Lendistry is a minority-led and technology-enabled small business and commercial real estate lender with Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) and Community Development Entity (CDE) certification.
In this episode, Mark and Joe cover:
- How Lendistry found a very unique and ownable space in the funding of underserved business owners.
- The challenges in presenting Lendistry as a legitimate player in their space given the somewhat predatory nature of some companies that loan to the underserved.
- The value of key partnerships and how they’ve been able to leverage those partnerships (e.g., mentoring and training) to be of greater value to their customer base.
- How organizations like go about building awareness and interest among potential loan sources.
- Joe’s use of in-house agencies and how that has changed over the years.
More about Joe:
Joe is a graduate of the University of Tulsa and received his Masters in Arts at DePaul University.
Prior to Lendistry, Joe was employed by Wells Fargo for nearly 20 years.
He also worked for other Financial and FinTech companies.