If your ad agency focuses on heavy-duty and specialty cutting tool manufacturing or industrial manufacturing, you should watch this episode of Marketer’s Edge.
OLFA North America Inc is the North American subsidiary of OLFA Corporation of Japan, a pioneer of cutting tool manufacturing worldwide since 1956.
OLFA is committed to making tools that improve how people cut by developing products with an unmatched level of sharpness and that are easy and safe to use.
The name of “OLFA” comes from two Japanese words, which, when translated, mean “to break a blade”. The OLFA® parallelogram logo is taken from the shape of a snap-off blade.
Why Advertising Agencies Should Watch This Episode-Cassie talks:
- The major marketing challenges she faces and how she has overcome them.
- The difficulty of convincing a sales-driven organization to recognize the value of marketing.
- Advice for marketers entering the B2B world for the first time.
- The importance of positioning in the blade manufacturing industry.
- How she determines the most effective and unique positioning for OLFA.\
- Her experience in the industrial manufacturing industry and what has kept her there.
- The differences in marketing between the craft and professional sides of the OLFA brand.
- The role agencies play in OLFA’s marketing efforts and the work they do.
- Advice for marketers considering partnering with an agency.
- Any advice she would give to an agency looking to win business from her.