If your agency pursues clients in the financial space, banking, or community banking, you’ll want to watch this episode.
A bit of background: based in Groton, Connecticut, Chelsea Groton Bank is a mutually owned bank with 14 locations throughout New London County and a Loan Production Office in Hartford County. The Bank has over $1 billion in assets and serves businesses, individuals and families throughout Connecticut and Rhode Island.
Why Advertising Agencies Should Watch This Episode-Michael talks:
- What it means to be a “mutually owned community bank” and how that’s different from just being a bank or a credit union.
- Technology and its role in banking today.
- Chelsea University – a concept created to benefit customers and employees benefit from it.
- Some of the top challenges facing banks today and the challenges anticipated as we look forward into the future.
- Opportunities that Michael sees for banks the next 3-5 years out.
- Advice he’d give to marketers looking for a new agency.
- Advice to agencies he’d give if they were trying to knock down his door and win his business.
A little bit about Michael:
Michael has been the President & CEO of Chelsea Groton Bank for nearly 12 years.
Prior to Chelsea Groton, Michael spent 20 years at the Washington Trust Company and 5 years at Chaffee & Partners.
Michael graduated from the University of Rhode Island with a degree in economics.
You can also see our video series 3 Takeaways here. It’s our agency new business video series where we focus on one new business category and give you three takeaways to help improve your new business program.
If you’re looking for a more effective business development strategy, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I would love to talk.
Or, if you’re not ready for that step, you can read about how our outsourced business development programs work here.