In this episode of Marketer’s Edge we’re talking with Julie Mann, the Chief Innovation Officer at Puris Foods, and the discussion focuses on food innovation at Puris (they’re very good at it), e-commerce, and Julie’s direct advice to agencies.
If your agency pursues plant-based foods. food ingredients, organic, or non-GMO sourced food, you’ll want to watch this episode.
A little background: PURIS cultivates a spectrum of pure, plant-based foods and ingredients from U.S.-based organic and non-GMO sources.
Their end-to-end system ensures a wholesome journey from seed to solution. PURIS™ is a family-owned company founded in 1985.
Their plant-based food system benefits every link in the chain of production with practices that nourish soil, the environment, and life on earth.
Why Advertising Agencies Should Watch This Episode:
- Julie has advice for companies looking to start selling direct-to-consumer via e-commerce platforms.
- She talks how Puris differentiates itself from the sea of other organic products on the market, and why they won the Fast Company award in 2021 for most innovative food company.
- And what she learned from her long career at companies like Hershey that she’s been able to apply to her work at Puris.
- Julie also describes what looks for when she’s shopping for new marketing service help.
- And the advice Julie would give any agency trying to knock down her door and win his business.
Julie Mann, the Chief Innovation Officer at Puris Foods.
A little bit about Julie:
My first professional and personal passion is plant based eating. I am a catalyst for better human nutrition, better understanding of the impact of shifting to plant based and how we can create a better world.
A close second is my extensive training in innovation and disruptive thinking. I have led several successful teams to breakthrough innovation and fundamental change. My talent is unearthing and championing innovative insights, combined with deep R&D expertise, to deliver the optimal innovation and disruptive products to change our world.
My third, but likely most important passion is empathy, people, communication, and transparency. I build teams that realize they CAN do more TOGETHER.
You can also see our video series 3 Takeaways here. It’s our agency new business video series where we focus on one new business category and give you three takeaways to help improve your new business program.
If you’re looking for a more effective business development strategy, email Lee McKnight Jr., VP of Sales at RSW/US at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about our outsourced business development programs here.
Learn more about our process here.