If your agency pursues clients in the credit union space, you’ll want to watch this episode.
A bit of background: Hudson Valley Credit Union is a full service not-for-profit financial cooperative, 300,000+ members strong. They extend membership to their neighbors who live, work, worship, volunteer or attend school in Albany, Columbia, Dutchess, Greene, Orange, Putnam, Rensselaer, Rockland, Saratoga, Schenectady, Ulster, or Westchester Counties.
The company started in October 1963, when a group of IBM employees had a vision—to create a financial cooperative for IBM employees and their families, where the needs of the individual would be placed before profit.
Why Advertising Agencies Should Watch This Episode-David talks:
- Some of the more unique things he’s doing to bring the credit union and its community closer together.
- Predictions on what the banking and credit union world will look like in the future.
- The relative importance of calling out the differences between credit unions and banks – today, as compared to a decade ago.
- How they effectively kept engagement with their customer base strong during the pandemic.
- Any advice David would give to marketers thinking about bringing a new agency on board.
- And lastly, if an agency was trying to knock down David’s door and attempting to win business from him, what advice he would give them.
A little bit about David:
David’s career in marketing & sales management spans the course of multiple industries including financial services, advertising, professional services, and the food industry.
He has worked with companies to help them blend traditional data with “big data” analytics to provide a strategic framework translating data into a tactical framework for developing marketing campaigns that drive business results.
Creating and executing marketing campaigns & programs built on a foundation of solid data (marketing) analytics is what he delivers. Focusing on revenue growth AND profitability.